Last Modified: August 24, 2021
Welcome to Scholars!
Our Service enables employees and representatives of employer brands (“Employer Users”) to share content and interact with students and recent graduate candidates (“End Users”) to personalize the recruiting process and attract top candidates for employment. The posting of material and information by Employer Users and by End Users is completed through the Scholars platform on the Scholars website located at https://www.hirescholars.com (the “Website“) or through the Scholars mobile application (the “Mobile Application”), and requires registration for an account (as described in “Account Registration” below).
Acceptance of the Terms of Service
These Terms of Service are entered into by and between You and Scholars, Inc. (“Company,” “we,” or “us“). These terms and conditions, together with any documents they expressly incorporate by reference (collectively, “Terms of Service“), govern your access to and use of the Website and Mobile Application, including all associated content, functionality and services (together with the Website and Mobile Application, the “Service”), whether as a guest or a registered user. If you are using the Service on behalf of a company or other legal entity, then you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service even if we have a separate agreement with such company or other legal entity.
Please read the Terms of Service carefully before you start to use the Service. By using the Service, registering for an account or by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms of Service when this option is made available to you, you accept and agree to be bound and abide by these Terms of Service. If you do not want to agree to these Terms of Service, you must not access or use the Website or the Service.
Additional terms may apply to your use of a specific Service. These additional terms will be available with the relevant Service, and will become part of your agreement with us if you use that Service.
These Terms of Service require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to you in the event of a dispute.
The Service is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Service.
Changes to the Terms of Service
We may revise and update these Terms of Service from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Website and Service thereafter.
Your continued use of the Service following the posting of revised Terms of Service means that you accept and agree to the changes. You are expected to check this page from time to time so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
Accessing the Service and Account Registration
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend any portion of the Service, and any service or material we provide, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Service is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Service, or the entire Service, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Service.
- Ensuring that all persons who access the Service through your internet connection are aware of these Terms of Service and comply with them.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Service or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Scholars account login information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Scholars account. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements. We have the right to disable any account, user name, password or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms of Service.
By providing us your email address, you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related and other non-commercial notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, such as changes to features of the Service and special offers (to the extent permitted by the laws of the jurisdiction where you reside). If you have consented to receive email notifications or marketing communications from us, we will send you such communications until you opt-out. If you do not want to receive emails and/or marketing communications from us, you may opt-out by following the opt-out and/or unsubscribe instructions in the email message, or by requesting to be opted-out by emailing email@example.com. Please note that opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers. While you can opt-out of marketing messages and email notifications, you cannot opt-out of service-related communications, including those related to security, legal notices, your account, your use of the Service, billing, and other transactional purposes unless you deactivate your account and stop using the Service.
By connecting to the Service using a third-party service, you give us permission to access and use your information from that service as permitted by that service, and to store your log-in credentials for that service. For example, if you access the Service through a social networking site, you agree that we can access, store, and make available on the Service, any information and data that you provide in your applicable social networking site account such that the same information is available in your Scholars account. You agree that we are not liable for any personal data that is made available to us in violation of your privacy settings with the applicable social networking site.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Service and its entire contents, features and functionality, including all associated intellectual property rights, and any content that Company itself makes available on or through the Service, including proprietary Company content and any content licensed or authorized for use by or through Company from a third party (“Scholars Content”), are the exclusive property of Company and/or its licensors or authorizing third-parties. Company, its licensors or other providers of such material are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Terms of Service permit End Users to use the Service only for personal, non-commercial use, and Employer Users to use the Service only for the employer’s internal business purposes. Except to the extent you are the legal owner of such User Contribution (as defined below), you must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on the Service, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Service for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
If you print, copy, modify, download or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of the Service in breach of the Terms of Service, your right to use the Service will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title or interest in or to the Service or any content on the Service is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by the Company. Any use of the Service not expressly permitted by these Terms of Service is a breach of these Terms of Service and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
The Company name, the Company logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans may be trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Service are the trademarks of their respective owners.
You may use the Service only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms of Service and any and all applicable laws, regulations, or other legally enforceable obligations (including contractual obligations) you may have towards us and any third parties. You are solely responsible for any and all User Contribution that is posted through your account on the Service. You understand that you may expose yourself to liability if your User Contributions or other use of the Service violates applicable law or any third-party right. You agree not to use the Service:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the Content Standards set out in these Terms of Service.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Service, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company, employer brands or users of the Service, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Service in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Service, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Service.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Service for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Service.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Service, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized in these Terms of Service, without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Service.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Service, the server on which the Service is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Service.
- Attack the Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service.
The Service may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services“) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post“) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions“) on or through the Service.
All User Contributions must comply with the Content Standards set out in these Terms of Service.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Service, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
- Neither the User Contribution nor your posting, uploading, publication, submission, or transmittal of the User Contribution or our use of the User Contribution (or any portion thereof) will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- All of your User Contributions do and will comply with these Terms of Service.
You understand and acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
Because we do not control User Contributions, you understand and agree that: (1) we are not responsible for, and do not endorse, any such User Contributions, any information provided by other users; (2) we make no guarantees about the accuracy, currency, suitability, reliability or quality of the information in such User Contributions; and (3) we assume no responsibility for unintended, objectionable, inaccurate, misleading, or unlawful User Contributions made available by users, advertisers, and third parties. In accordance with Section 230 of the U.S. Communications Decency Act, and any equivalent or similar laws in other jurisdictions which are intended to exclude or limit the liability of online service providers who provide access to user-generated content, we generally cannot be held liable for claims arising from the User Contributions provided by third parties on the Service. We may, without prior notice, remove or disable access to any User Contribution that we find to be in violation of these Terms of Service or our then-current policies, or otherwise may be harmful or objectionable to us, our users or third parties.
We reserve the right to disclose User Contributions and any information related to the provider of such User Contributions, to third parties in connection with the operation and provision of the Service, to enforce the terms of any agreement that we have with you, to comply with legal obligations and requests from governmental authorities, law enforcement agencies, court orders, subpoenas, etc., and to protect the interests of the Company where necessary. For the avoidance of doubt, you agree that we have the right to disclose your identity to a third party who is claiming that any User Contribution you posted, provided or uploaded is fraudulent, false, or misleading or constitutes a violation of the law, or a violation of their intellectual property or ownership rights, or of their right to privacy.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Take any action with respect to any User Contribution that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such User Contribution violates the Terms of Service, including the Content Standards, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety or reputation of users of the Service or the public or could create liability for the Company.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Service.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Service for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of these Terms of Service.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Service. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
While we have no obligation to do so, we also reserve the right, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, to take appropriate action to protect the anonymity of our users against the enforcement of subpoenas or other information requests that seek a user’s electronic address or identifying information.
We do not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Service, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These Terms of Service remain in effect while you use the Service and, for registered users, as long as your account remains open. You may delete your account at any time. We may suspend or terminate your account or your access to parts of the Service, for any or no reason, without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your account or related deletion of your information.
All provisions of these Terms of Service shall survive termination or expiration of these Terms of Service except those provisions granting access to or use of the Service. For the avoidance of doubt, you agree that these Terms of Service apply to your use of the Service and any User Contributions posted on the Service at any time prior to the termination or expiration of these Terms of Service.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable (as determined by Company).
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Create user accounts under false or fraudulent pretenses, create or use an account for anyone other than yourself or create multiple active user accounts.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Copyright Infringement; User Interactions
If you believe that any User Contributions violate your copyright, please see our Copyright Policy located at https://hirescholars.com/dmca/ for instructions on sending us a notice of copyright infringement. It is the policy of the Company to terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers.
We are not responsible for authenticating users and therefore it is your responsibility to conduct the appropriate due diligence before communicating or interacting with other users, including, without limitation, End Users, employers, Employer Users, staffing agencies, and recruiters. You assume all risks associated with users with whom you come into contact. If you have any disputes or issues with any user you agree to pursue any remedies directly with the applicable user and you release the Company, its subsidiaries, and their respective employees, directors and agents from all claims, demands and damages of every kind (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Service is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Service, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Service may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the Scholars Content, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Service
We may update the content on the Service from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Service may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Service
Linking to the Service and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
The Service may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on the Service.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on the Service.
- Cause limited portions of content on the Service to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, solely with respect to the content they are displayed with, and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Service or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
- Link to any part of the Service other than the homepage.
- Otherwise take any action with respect to the materials on the Service that is inconsistent with any other provision of these Terms of Service.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Service
The Service may contain links to third-party sites and resources placed by us as a service to those interested in this information, or posted by other users. These links are provided for your convenience only and a link to a third-party website does not imply our endorsement, adoption or sponsorship of, or affiliation with, such third-party website. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We do not monitor or have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Service, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Service (“Feedback”). If you provide us with any Feedback, you hereby assign to us all rights in such Feedback and agree that we will have the right to use and fully exploit such Feedback and related information in any manner we deem appropriate. We will treat any Feedback you provide to us as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to us any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
The owner of the Service is based in the United States. We provide the Service for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Service or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Service may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Service from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Service will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE SERVICE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
YOU HEREBY RELEASE THE COMPANY FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, AND LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND THAT ARE EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO OR ARISES FROM: (1) THE ACTIONS, USER CONTRIBUTIONS, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES (INCLUDING, ADVERTISERS AND OTHER USERS); OR (2) YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY OFFLINE EVENTS.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates, licensors and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms of Service or your use of the Service, including, but not limited to, your User Contributions, any use of the Service’s content, services and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms of Service, your use of any information obtained from the Service and/or your negligence or misuse of the Service.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All matters relating to the Service and these Terms of Service, and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Delaware or any other jurisdiction).
Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms of Service or the Service shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Delaware although we retain the right to bring any suit, action or proceeding against you for breach of these Terms of Service in your country of residence or any other relevant country. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
At our sole discretion, we may require you to submit any disputes arising from these Terms of Service or use of our Service, including disputes arising from or concerning their interpretation, violation, invalidity, non-performance, or termination, to final and binding arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the American Arbitration Association applying Delaware law.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THE SERVICE MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES; OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Waiver and Severability
No waiver of by the Company of any term or condition set forth in these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of the Company to assert a right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Terms of Service is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
Your Comments and Concerns
The Service is operated by Scholars, Inc., 1413 Chester Ave, Nashville, Tennessee 37206.
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to the copyright agent designated in our Copyright Policy in the manner and by the means set forth therein.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Service should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.